Sunday, September 26, 2021

Disney Plus Streaming Service

As a lifetime Disney fanatic, I was extremely excited when I learned of Disney releasing its own streaming platform – the Disney+. Finally, all of its films in one place! I simply couldn’t wait to have signed up for it.


They offer a couple of membership plans. One being about $8.00 per month. This plan includes ad-free access to all of the service’s streaming titles. There is also an annual plan for $80.00, which gives you the same access as the monthly plan. Subscribers can also choose the Disney Bundle plan, which includes Disney+, Hulu (ad-supported), and ESPN+ for $13.99 per month or with Hulu (no ads) for $19.99 per month. Seems to be all worth it for me! My subscription is the bundle since I already have Hulu before the release of Disney+, so I might as well as have ESPN+ as well for only a penny more.


With all that’s included in the plan, I have been enjoying all the streaming I get from it. What I don’t particularly like and understand though is that, for certain movies Disney releases on Disney+, they’ll require not only a paid subscription, but also an additional $29.99 on top of you monthly subscription fee to view the Premier Access movies. The thing is, I understand if they’d charge a fee to nonsubscribers to view such movies but what is the point of paying for your subscription if you’ll have to pay extra for certain titles released? A $29.99 fee to watch a newly released movie in addition to my monthly subscription is just too much. At that price, I just choose to wait until that particular “Premier Access” movie becomes just another movie added to their collection, just to avoid any additional fees.


To me, an extra charge for Premier Access is a bit ridiculous and I refuse to pay extra knowing I already have a service subscription. Let me ask you, if I may, is Disney+ and its Premier Access fee all worth it? Would you pay extra on top of your subscription?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Winter All Over Again

There's wind  advisories out for the SF Bay Area this week, but it seems like we need frost advisories as well.  With the temperature si...